Saturday, July 6, 2013

How I help the Environment and Never Pay for Magazine Subscriptions



Lately I've had multiple people ask me how I am not working (not entirely true but I don't work a 40 hour week anymore) and still afford to have all of the latest magazines delivered... truthfully... I get them all for FREE.. 100% totally didn't pay a penny free. 

Here's how I do it. 

When I lived in DC, our community belonged to a program called recyclebank.com.  As a community you recycled as much as you could every week and after you can was picked up and scanned you received points in your recycle bank account.  I averaged about 100 points a week by simply doing what I was already doing.

I also read articles on the environment on their website, took quizzes and played games to earn more points for my account.

So on to the real reason you are reading this.. Those points you collect add up fast and you can turn them into rewards.  Rewards range from grocery coupons... ($10 off $50 at Harris Teeter was my favorite) retail and restaurant coupons and you got it 1 year completely free magazine subscriptions.   I also opted in for the electronic versions on my Ipad to you know help the environment more! :)  I currently receive, The Journal, Martha Steward, Cooking Lite, People, Vogue, Entertainment Weekly, InStyle, Cosmo, Health, Ellie, and Real Simple!  I also got several wedding magazines for free when I was planning.

What you need to do to earn free magazines like I do*:

(I am getting absolutely no "kickback" by talking about this program.. I think its really great to encourage recycling and raise awareness and I think others would like free magazines too!)

First:  Sign up at Recyclebank.com (you can use your email or facebook account to sign up).

Next check to see if your community participates in recycle bank because weekly recycling rewards is the fastest easiest way to earn points!  If they don't participate, don't be sad!  You can request that your community is added and there are lots of other ways to earn points on the website by educating yourself reading articles, pledging to be less wasteful, and making smarter greener purchases.

You can get the whole family involved in earning points too because there are lots of environmentally focused games that kids can play to not only learn about how they can help the environment but also earn points.

 So there you have it... go help the environment and earn some reading materials you love!
 

<3

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment